Thursday 4 March 2010

Essay Possibilities.

Recently I have been thinking more about what I would like to base my essay on. I have been considering writing an essay based around 5 things that have changed my life or that I couldn't live without. Possibilities include Facebook and The Internet, Heavy Metal music, iPods, TV, XBOX...

Facebook and other social networking sites help me to easily keep in touch with friends and relatives, plan events and discover new music, games and films.

Iron Maiden are my favourite Heavy Metal band and for me, are the epitomy of the whole genre. They have always inspired me and being a fan has given me the opportunity to travel to new places and meet many people.

Owning an iPod has made a big difference in my daily life. I can carry my entire music collection in my pocket everywhere I go, giving me a wide range of choice whenever I'm travelling or just at home. It's funny that 4 or 5 years ago I would have to choose 3 or 4 CDs before I left home and carry them around with me!

Television if of course a huge part of modern life. Even with the internet and mobile technology, it is still one of the best forms of entertainment, news and information. And with recent advances such as Digital, interactive, HD and the upcoming 3D TVs, the ongoing development of this 80 year old piece of technology is always interesting!

Microsoft's XBOX and indeed other consoles have always been a big part of my life. I've owned Sega Master System, Megadrive (I+II), PlayStation, PlaySation 2, XBOX 360, Gameboy Colour, Gameboy Advance, PSP... so I feel I've been watching the development of games consoles for a long time. From the movement of cartridges to discs, 2D to 3D graphics, the addition of online play, hard drives, HD, wireless hardware and other great advancements. The future of gaming looks very exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment