Wednesday 24 March 2010

Sky on 360

At the end of 2009, in one of the latest additions to the Xbox 360's wide variety of applications, Sky TV is now available to 360 users.

"The new service allows Xbox Live gold subscribers to access Sky content and is available on a variety of tariffs starting at £15 per month.

The channels available to Sky subscribers will depend on their existing television package."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8327565.stm

The user logs into the Sky Player on their 360 with their existing Sky account to register for the application, and the amount of channels you can view depends on the service you are already subscribed to.
Before this application was announced, I had always considered getting Freeview or Sky in my bedroom and was very happy to see that I didn't need to now! I used my parent's Sky account to register my 360 and can now watch a good mix of channels including some of the Sky Movies channels!
I think this is a great addition to the games console technology and has really expanded the uses of consoles.
One application I'd love though would be the BBC iPlayer, but unfortunately, only the PlayStation 3 has that available for now!

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/skyplayer/

No comments:

Post a Comment