Tuesday 6 April 2010

Day Out In Wolvo...

Due to work commitments, I could not visit Wolverhampton Gallery before the 'Life' interactive exhibit ended. But me and my girlfriend decided to visit the gallery during the Easter break anyway.

This exhibit is a small space enclosed by prison doors. You can only view the piece by looking through panels and holes in the doors. Inside are glass 'tears' suspended in the centre of the doors which are coated blood red. I very much liked the idea of art exhibited in this way.


This sculpture is made completely from hangers! I love the idea of creating something out of a strange media or things that wouldn't usually be considered.


These pieces are part of the room where you're encouraged to touch and feel the exhibits. I don't like the look and the feel of the untreated felt material the horse is made from at all! Feels very strange.

The mouth piece is in reference to the work of Francis Bacon and definately reflects his strange and warped work.



Next week I plan to visit Birmingham again. So I will try and find something worth checking out before then too!


Photos: Alice Durose (http://www.blogger.com/profile/06646507037014349279)

No comments:

Post a Comment