Tuesday 20 April 2010

To do...

I've now got my essay in full swing and am decided on my 5 things to base it around. I've tried to choose technology and media that have become a part of my everyday life and that I have a keen interest in.

1. The Internet

As with the majority of people in the present day, the Internet has become a major part of my daily life. For work, leisure and communication, the Internet has it all. I may also go into the technologies I use to access the internet, eg. desktop computer, laptop, BlackBerry phone, Xbox 360.

2. Facebook

Facebook has also become a major thing for me. It's a great way to keep in contact with friends, arrange events, listen to music and play games. The only downside is how addictive it can become!

3. iPod

I take my iPod with me wherever I go. It's great to be able to have my entire music collection with me wherever I travel to keep me entertained. I remember having to take a pack of CDs around with me 5 years ago...

4. XBox 360

I have owned various console for around the past 14 years, including Sega Master System, Megadrive (I+II), PlayStation, PlaySation 2, and Xbox 360) and also some handheld consoles (Gameboy Colour, Gameboy Advance (+SP), PSP). The Xbox 360 is my current console of choice and I think it really symbolises how far the world of gaming has come. With online play, an internet browser, Facebook and Sky TV, the Xbox offers a lot more than gaming.

5. Television

Television is a hugely important part of life today. It has always offered entertainment and information, but has been adapted through the years to offer much more.


I also missed the 90s episode of Electric Dreams. So will have to catch up tomorrow using iPlayer (something else I debated about including in my essay!)

No comments:

Post a Comment